Sweet and Sour Twizzlers and Nestle Toll House Pecan Turtle Delight Cookies are jam. So much so that I’m eating a twizzler right now and have cookies in my fridge. I could not imagine having to give these up and I won’t lie to myself or you and tell you that I plan to. I’m a supporter of enjoying what you like but not to my detriment.
I like many other people thought I needed to try dieting and exercise to lose weight. I would purchase various meal plans and weight loss programs to lose weight but none of that worked for me. Not because I couldn’t do it, I didn’t want to do it. I found they were too stringent for me. Because I didn’t want to cheat every day, I decided to take inventory of my eating habits and start doing things that I could stick to daily. Many people think they need to try everything at once to lose weight but really, all it takes are small tweaks to daily habits that will help you live a more healthier lifestyle as well as lose weight. After implementing these small tweaks, my clothes started to fit better, I started sleeping better, and saw major changes in my skin. Keep reading to discover 5 habits that will help you live a healthier life.
- Get a good night’s sleep. In November I made a commitment to be in bed by 1030 every night. For the most part, I’ve been able to keep that bedtime but some nights I’m just not able to make it. BUT on the days that I do, I’m more rested, my mood is better, and my blood pressure (something that I have to watch) remains at a healthy rate. Getting a good night’s sleep will reduce dark circles but studies show it will also improve your memory, help maintain a healthy weight, lower stress, which provides a better quality of life. Get rid of electronics an hour before bed (still working on this especially since I’m a new blogger). Studies show the lights from electronics makes for more restless nights. Happy sleeping.
- Drink water before every meal. Drinking glass water before every meal helps you lose weight and I’m living proof. I love food but I don’t like drinking anything while I eat. Not even juice or soda so water definitely takes a back seat. It’s not that I dislike it I just don’t drink much but I knew the key to a healthier lifestyle would be my water intake.
- Walk more. Regular exercise is important for everyday health. Sitting for long periods of time leads to major health issues such as obesity. Sitting too long also increases the risk of death from heart disease and cancer. You can decrease your risk by walking just 30 minutes a day.
- Read a real book at night. I love reading but hate reading on my tablet and phone. I love to curl up with a good book and nestle in the corner of my couch and get lost in a story. I If I don’t have book in my hand I feel lost. Studies show that looking at a TV, computer, or tablet up to an hour before bedtime leads to restless nights. Good sleep habits are very important to maintaining a healthy heart.
- Laugh more. I hate stress for so many reasons but mainly because of what it can do to my body. Stress increases blood pressure, can make your hair fall out, and of course stress is harmful to your heart. Doesn’t everything seem to affect your heart? Laughter relaxes the whole body, helps boost your immune system and best of all, and it burns calories. So don’t sweat the small stuff. Instead spend more time laughing with friends and family