Hey there! I’m Rho’Nesha–a blogger, beginning entrepreneur, and lover of all things hobbies and finance–who runs this corner of the web. My goal is to teach you the tips you need to find a hobby you love while getting your finances in order all with a mission to help you find the work-life balance you so deserve.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You’re overworked and never have time to do the things you love.
- You’re stuck
- You hide behind the phrases, “I don’t have enough money or time to do the things I love?”
- You’re afraid of trying something new.
- You feel guilty about taking time for yourself.
- You want to get your finances in order but don’t know how?
- You’re afraid of succeeding?
In other words, you’re broke and overworked and can’t find the time or money for yourself OR you have the money but can’t find the time or even know what you want to do.
But you also want to…
- Get your finances in order.
- Stop having feelings of guilt about finding “me time.”
- Discover your hobby or passion.
- Find ways to fund your new hobby or passion.
- Find the time to enjoy your hobby or work your passion.
If any of these hit home, then you’re in the right place.
WHY Hobbies and Cents IS THE PLACE FOR YOU
I’ve always been a supporter of self-care and “me time.” The pressure of supporting everyone and ignoring my own dreams affects my psyche. No matter what I was doing, I always found time for myself. Period. Without, I’d lose my mind.
I’ve spent years searching for something that I would love to do full time and stumbled upon blogging. I love the creativity it brings and the potential it has to bring me home from a job that has stumped my desire to be more creative (I work with life insurance). Although I haven’t made it my full time gig, I have plans to be a full time blogger by June of 2018! (huge I know). So if I want to teach you how to have time for yourself, fund a side hustle, and get your finances in order, I have to walk the walk and talk the talk.
After years of searching I’ve realized….
- If I could hone my hobby and make a living at it, I’d be in a great place.
- If my finances were where they needed to be, I’d be more willing to quit a job that leaves me emotionally drained, I could be a mom on my own terms (when the time comes).
- If I could teach my readers the importance of finding a hobby or passion then I’d feel I wa actually making a difference in the world.
Which is what hobbiesandcents.com is all about.
We’ll discover ways to get our finances in order, find a hobby that you can turn into your passion, and find the time you need to invest in yourself and your hobby. Even you start off with just 15 minutes a day, it will make a world a difference.
Every Week, I SHARE ways TO HELP YOU get your money in check, learn a hobby, and more.
Finance Tips — Smart money management is the first step to creating a well rounded life. How can you enjoy your hobby if you can’t fund it? At some point, even free hobbies can cost you. I teach you how to save more money, spend with intention, save for the future, get out of debt, fund some fun along the way.
Hobby Tips — I’m a huge believer in finding time for yourself. I share all my secrets to finding a hobby you’ll love without the feelings of guilt. I’ll also teach you how to fund your habit I mean hobby, and how to turn it into a side hustle (if you so desire).
My goal is to help you live the well balanced-life you deserve without draining your finances or energy. There are really enough hours in the day, you just have to know how to use them.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME VISITING, I’D LOVE FOR YOU TO GET TO KNOW ME BETTER.
I’m a full-time claims analyst and part-time blogger living in Tampa, Florida. I’m a newlywed trying to make sure we continue to find the time for things we love to do without ignoring our responsibilities all while living a budget.
In addition to reading at least 4 books a month, my hobbies include…..
- Trying new hobbies
- Dating my husband
- Coloring (I’m starting to develop a real love for this relaxing hobby)
- Crossword and word search puzzles
- Spending time with family and friends (especially my handsome nephew.
Check out some of the most popular posts below. These posts will get help you begin your way to becoming financially responsible and also help you find a hobby you’ll love.
Got a topic you want me to write about? Email Rhonesha@hobbiesandcents.com